How to get in contactmake a referral
We know it takes courage to talk with someone about how you’re feeling. We offer a safe space where you can do that.
Complete a self referral today to speak with one of our team.
Urgent Help & Crisis Information
Health in Mind is a therapy service and not an urgent care or crisis service.
If your needs are urgent please visit our Urgent Help page for information on what we mean by urgent help and crisis and a list of useful numbers and websites.
Making a referral to Health in Mind
We provide courses and therapies to people who are registered with a Doctor's surgery in East Sussex (excluding Brighton and Hove), are over 18 and struggling with mild to moderate stress, anxiety and or low mood. We are not able to provide a service to anyone who is already open to another mental health service.
Please note we are also not a priority service. If you need urgent support please call visit our Urgent Help page for a list of services and numbers to call.
There are a number of ways to make a referral:
If you want to speak to someone first about the treatment options available, the quickest way to make a referral without delay is to do this online using the link below.
If you prefer, you can still be referred by your Doctor or another health professional. You can ask them to support you with this.
For our online courses, please complete a referral form on this page and state which course you're interested in.
If you are already receiving support from our service or you have already completed a self-referral via a different route, for example with your Doctor, please do not submit a new referral.
This is because it may slow down the process and take longer for us to contact you if we receive multiple referrals from you.
The self referral form has been designed to be easy to understand and gather all the information we need to arrange your first appointment.
Once complete, your referral will be live on our clinical system and means we'll be able to provide you with a response and the help you need sooner.
- On receiving your referral, one of our experienced clinicians will carefully review the details you have provided to make sure that we can offer you the best care and service for your individual needs.
- Please note, there may be times when it seems another service may be considered more suitable for your individual needs. Our service is part of a local Triage HUB, a partnership of local health providers working together to make sure that you access the service which is right for you. Click here to learn more about the Triage HUB.
- Unless there is a reason why another service might be more helpful, one of our Health in Mind team will arrange an initial appointment with you to assess your needs in more detail.
- This initial appointment might be over the telephone or it could be by video call if that is preferable.
- Unavoidably at the present time, when you receive a telephone call from the service, for example for your first appointment, it will show on your phone as 'number withheld' rather than an NHS number. If you are expecting a call from us, please bear this in mind’
- Please note we are not a priority service and may take up to 20 working days to get in touch. If you need urgent support please use the numbers at the bottom of this page.
Please be assured that the referral process is totally secure and complies with strict NHS data protection and information governance requirements.
Please be aware that we will let your Doctor know that you have accessed Health in Mind. If you do not want this to happen, please let us know on your referral form.
If you would like to know more about our confidentiality policy please download this here: Confidentiality policy
If you have any additional support needs to enable you to access the service, please do not hesitate to contact us. For example; we are able to provide interpreters for those whose first language is not English, and signing services for those with hearing difficulties.
Our website has ReciteMe technology built in. Click the red Accessibility Tools button icon on any page to get a range of accessibility tools.
When using this referral link you will be taken to a secure patient portal.
Some users have experienced problems using the online self-referral form so we advise the following when completing the form:
- Please do not click the back button on your browser or the form will be reset and you may have to start again.
- Avoid using special characters (e.g. ?':/"-()&!) as this can create errors.
We are always working on solving any issues people have. If you are experiencing any difficulties with this form, please contact the service by email or phone using the details below.
General Contact Information
For all general and non urgent enquiries, please use our email address:
We can also be reached by phone on:
44 (0) 300 00 30 130
Our office opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. For support or advice outside of these hours please see our Urgent Help page.
Please note we do not open on Bank Holiday's.